Sunday 25 July 2010

NHS frames...




Another thing that bugs me is this new emo type fashion for enormous glasses frames. I feel like perhaps this is a sign that I am getting old and just don't understand what them young kids are doing nowadays *waves walking stick*. As I have worn glasses since I was 5 years old, I remember the horror of the NHS FRAMES and in the 80s when glasses were big and plastic, because they couldn't make lovely thin light 'barely there' ones that you couldn't see, with lightweight metal and bendy arms.



So I am confused by this new fashion. Are they awful? Are they awesome? Some people I have seen walking around wearing them do totally rock the look, but I cannot get past the voice in my head that remembers 80s fashion and cringes, and will only think of Janet Street-Porter..

No comments:

Post a Comment